Thursday, January 8, 2009
I'm Here!
So after a very, very long 48 hours, I'm finally here in Jerusalem. We flew from Salt Lake to Denver, then to Dulles (D.C) and then from Dulles to Vienna, where we took a connecting flight to Tel Aviv. We then took a bus from the airport to Jerusalem. The moment the bus went around the corner, and I saw the city, I knew this was a place I would always love. I can almost see why people have fought so long and so fiercely for this one city--there is something so transcendent about it. The Dome of the Rock is literally right outside my window, and as we walked in the Center for the first time, it was the Muslim call to prayer. It was truly one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard, and looking upon what I consider one of the most beautiful cities in the world, it seemed like a perfect welcome. Of course, the jet lag that followed immediately after wasn't as magical. Anyways, we walked around the Old City today, and some quick things of note were the Austrian Hospice (with a great view of the Temple Mount and Al-Aqsa Mosque), Jaffa Gate, and a Herodian wall, where the remnants of the towers Phaesal and Mariamne still stand. Anyways, the Internet here is limited, so sorry this is short. Hope you all are well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you got there safe!!!!
I wish I could join you there. You are living one of my dreams. Work hard and enjoy your adventures (as Melody always says.) Love you and miss you. I can't wait to hear all your stories.
Post a Comment