Okay, our first day on the road. We stopped a few times on the way to the border, and then stayed the night at a kibbutz, which is a small community out in the middle of the desert, who support each other solely within the community.
Some pictures of our stops:
The Wilderness of Zin, where the host of Israel wandered for 40 years
A Nabataean trading post, where the remains of Byzantine church also lay.
More to come--promise!




2 comments:
Wow! Wow! WOW! Awesome pictures, Shamra! I haven't been on the blog in forever, trying to get Chris off on his mission. Yikes. Thanks so much for calling him. That meant a lot to him. He goes in the MTC tomorrow (who knows what day that is to you!) Anyway, we love seeing your pictures and stories. I even have my mom and dad looking in on them--they were very interested in your trip with all of the recent world events. It looks like you are having a blast. Take care, we love you! Aunt Jan
P.S Chris will like the picture of you with the sphinx. Looks like a great place for a family reunion...haha
hahaha I agree with Aunt Jan! Just keep Chris's head away from what's left of the Sphinx's nose and it should be a successful reunion...
Anyway, it's kind of weird to realize you're actually going to these places! It's so cool, I mean the closest I've gotten to the Sphinx is seeing it in Aladdin...or the one in Las Vegas...
Post a Comment